Class: BUSN 279-001
Assignment: Business Lunch etiquette
1. Brian was busy text, he did not shake Linda jones hand when she was introduced because he was on the phone chatting, he wasn’t supposed to be the first on to order the leaker (Gin and tonic) he could have wait to what others are drinking. He was the first one to order the food, and again he is the first one to start eating. 2. I will advise him that next time if he has a business lunch appointment again in his life, he need to do some research on how to behave in front of professional people. i will start with the introduction rule to all social situation, including dinning, meeting, reception and parties. First, when someone introduce you to an unknown and that person his try to give you a handshake, you need to grip the other person hand too. Second, it is inappropriate to be texting at the dinner table when you are having dinner with professional people. Third, when serving drinks, you need to offer other people first before you can start drinking your drink. Fours, do not order alcohol unless other people at the table first order an alcoholic beverage. Fifth, you need to give a chance to other people to be the first one to order the food not you. Sixth, the use of a mobile communication device at the table is inappropriate. And final, you need how to say good bay by shaking hand at the end of the dinner. 3. If can put myself in Karen shoes, I am sure she was very disappoint with Brian behavior. However, Karen had nothing do or act in front of her future client how is planning to bring then business in the future. Am sure she was not expecting to see Brian behaving like that. All what she could do is to act as professional with good miners in front of the client by having a pleasure altitude like everything was just ok, putting her client first, showing her the respect and courtesy.
...but they do not learn from it instead they soldier on to plot their destruction. Mr. Graham also brings out the subject of power. We see how power and leadership shifts from Blackie to Trevor. After Trevor takes over leadership he works so hard to make sure that the gang knows he is in charge. This is seen the morning of serious destruction when Summers is asks, “Haven’t we done enough?” Trevor responds to him saying that they had just started. Trevor stand farm and remind him that they all voted to destroy the house, and there is no turning back.
The main characters in the lottery story include Mr. Summers, Old man Warner. Mr. Summers is the person appointed to conduct the lottery. He is described as a jovial person who runs a coal business with no children (Para 4) Perhaps this is the reason why he conducts the lottery because he has nothing to lose if he wins the lottery. Old man Warner is the oldest man in town; he has participated in the lottery for seventy-seven years (Para 5,11). In the destructors, the main characters are Trevor, Old Misery and Mr. Blackie. Mr. T becomes the leader of the gang after Blackie. Through his leadership, he leads the gang to the destruction of Old Misery’s house. We consider him as a protagonist. Mr. Blackie is also a member of the gang, and he was the leader before Trevor took over from him. He claims he heard the last bomb of the first blitz drop. Finally, Old Misery is the character that lived in the crippled house...
...Soft Skills for Effective Interpersonal Communication
BusinessEtiquette and Grooming
* Today professional looks,corporate manners, have gained a lot of importance
* Due to globalization, work places have become a microcosm of the world
* We find ourselves often confused as to how to behave,so that no cross - cultural barriers are created while communicating in a multi-cultural set up
* In order, to overcome these problems one could encounter at the world of work one needs to be familiar with acceptable professional behaviour
* Dress and grooming
* Care should be taken that one is neither over or under dressed.
* Clothes should be ironed and clean.
* To create a positive impact female senior executives should wear either a saree or a business suit;male counterparts should wear netly tailored suits,blazers should be strictly avoided
* Clothes should not be not revealing.
* Pastel colours should be preferred.
* Clothes with large floral prints or large checks should be avoided
* Accessories should be appropriately matched.
* Handbags have to be neatly organized, in order to avoid spilling things in others presence.
* Makeup shouldn’t be too loud.
* As regards jewellery, it has to be minimal.
* As regards foot wear, uncomfortable pencil heels should be avoided.
* Belts should match shoes .
* Wear a watch that reflects your personality.
306070306070Journal for Success
(Behavioural Science Course)
“The best contribution one
can make to humanity is to
Behavioural Skills: Path to Excellence
JOURNAL FOR SUCCESS
(BEHAVIOURAL SCIENCE COURSE)
NAME OF THE STUDENT: Harshita Ahuja
NAME OF THE INSTITUTE: Amity School of Liberal Arts
PROGRAMME: BA(hons.) ENGLISH
ENROLLMENT NO: A50606112003
“Behavioural Skills: Path to Excellence”
I) WHAT ARE YOUR STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES?
My strengths are my confidence, my family especially my mother who have supported me in every aspect be it my personal life or be it my career. I am a very quick Lerner and hard working too.
My weaknesses are that I am sometimes very emotional, I am not much of a social animal as I am introvert and do not mix up with people so easily and I am short tempered also.
II) ABOUT YOUR GOALS:
As of now as I am very much interested in literature so I have taken up English hons. As my subject for graduation and later after that I want to become a teacher just like my mother.
III) YOUR ROLE MODEL (STATE SPECIFIC REASON FOR THE SAME):
My role model is none other than my mother because for me she is an ideal women as she really well manages her work and doing excel in her profession as a teacher and also side by side managing our family as well.
IV) ONE BOOK WHICH HAS INSPIRED YOU THE MOST AND WHY?
I really loved and got inspired by this book named “ WHO WILL CRY...
Thesis: HR management in China
This paper presents the importance of human resource in China as well as what the foreign enterprises should pay attention to. These are the factors to be known to do business in China. China has become one of the fastest-growing economies in the world recently. China has transformed itself from a command economy to a market one. Its management systems have changed in many aspects. China’s market contains foreign enterprises, domestic stated owned companies, and private companies. The human resource systems are extremely different among them. The change in different types of enterprises is in different directions. There are still many problems in human resources management, and to some extend become a restriction for the enterprises.
With the features of competition for talent in the 21st century, human capital has become the most important capital. The training of human resources is extremely important in the survival and development. It plays the key role to maintain the invincible position in the competitive market. There are important questions to be discussed in current Chinese human resource management, including staff-company relations, HR model development and HR strategies. Currently, with the globalization of economy, more and more...
jchfjcjvjcjvjvhvjvj j j As a salon owner, you may run into issues that require you to step back and examine your own policies, standard operating procedures and ethics. Every time we learn, every time we go through change, we have an opportunity to improve. By approaching each challenge as it arises with a cool head, reason and patience, you give yourself, your business and your staff an opportunity to grow from a challenging experience.
After you are able to gather whatever resources necessary to help you handle an issue facing your salon, your ethics and general operating philosophy will continue to evolve as you as an owner lay out policies and guidelines for what is acceptable and not acceptable. It will be your responsibility to communicate and demonstrate personally to those working with you and for you what your expectations are. But it’s always important to remain open to every situation that arises and trust your instincts that you will do the right thing.
Here are some pointers for managing ethical issues and conflict when it arises at your own salon.Confront the source directly.
Too often business owners, regardless of industry, circumnavigate the problem because confrontation can be uncomfortable and sometimes messy, but it’s the only real solution to a problem. To deal with any form of conflict or dilemma, it’s best to approach it head-on. Is there a specific staff member for which you need to address behavioral issues or...
...Contrast the ownership and purposes of two different business organisations
M2 Compare areas of growth or decline in the primary, secondary and tertiary classifications of business activities.
For M1 and M2 you have been asked to complete the tables below to be used in an information leaflet about businesses.
What is their ownership type and purpose?
Why are franchises and charities the same or different?
Business number one:
What type of ownership does this business have? Explain this type of ownership in detail.
To open and run up a business that is already open is a Franchise. A Franchise is when a franchisee asks a franchisor if they are allowed to sell their products and use their company name.
What are the positives of this type of ownership?
One of the advantages of this is that other banks would like to give money or loans to Franchise. Another positive aspect of this is that they make a profit of 91% in their reports. Also they are much known and as a result the business format is proven and is fully established.
What are the disadvantages and of this type of ownership? One disadvantage is that they are required to invest in a very large financial investment. An example could be £100,000. Another disadvantage about a Franchise is that you have to pay the franchisor a percentage of your profit. Also you will have no guarantee to work which isn’t...
...level of our organization.
We are focused on creating sustainable shareholder value through developing profitable products and projects, and soundly managing the business for the benefit of customers, shareholders, suppliers, colleagues, partners and communities.
Maintaining ethical and honest behaviour
Our reputation for integrity is perhaps our most valuable business asset. If we lose it, we also lose the trust of our customers and all those who work with us.
We shall believe in establishing enduring and equal relationships with all our stakeholders, because we’re confident that good ethics leads to good business.
We shall always set out to act in our customers’ interests, to the highest standards of excellence, never gaining advantage through dishonest or uncompetitive means.
We depend on the skills, excellence and goodwill of those who work with us. We make sure their standards and practices are consistent with ours.
We shall never seek to bully or cheat our contractors or suppliers, and ensure they are fully, fairly and promptly paid for their services.
We shall be transparent in all our dealings fulfilling our obligations honestly and promptly.
Why it matters
Our reputation for integrity is perhaps our most valuable business asset. If we lose it through dishonesty or because we’re discovered trying to do something that’s underhand, unfair...
...Self-Assessment Score Sheet
Directions: Complete the following self-assessments: A Twenty-First-Century Manager, “TT” Leadership Style, Intuitive Ability, Conflict Management Strategies, Time Management Profile, Organizational Design Preference, and Which Culture Fits You?” These self-assessments are located in Week 1 of your course shell. Read the scoring narrative provided at the end each self-assessment and record your score in the appropriate area below. Then, read the interpretation narrative and write a brief interpretation of what your score means.
Assessment: A Twenty-First-Century Manager
PMF Score: ___10__
Assessment: “TT” Leadership Style Assessment
“Transformational” Leader Score: __29___ “Transactional” Leader Score: __21___
Assessment: Intuitive Ability
Intuitive Score: ___9_
Assessment: Conflict Management Strategies
Yielding tendency: __7___ Compromising tendency: _9___
Forcing tendency: ___5__ Problem-solving tendency: __12___
Avoiding tendency: __9___
Assessment: Time Management Profile
Assessment: Organizational Design Preference
Assessment: Which Culture Fits You?
The criminal justice process is different steps taken towards criminals. There are many different steps beginning with a criminal investigation and ending with...