Managerial Technology Homework Assignment spring 2012
1. Compared to the agricultural age where the work force focuses on the production of food, we now work in the _____ age where the focus has shifted to the production of knowledge. A. Information age
B. Industrial age
C. Knowledge age
D. Technology age
2. If you wanted to ensure that your business maintains a desirable return on your investment with technology, what should be one of your main concerns? A. Your technology helps streamline costs without sacrificing quality B. You give the appearance of technological sophistication
C. Your management systems are consistent with industry standards D. Your strategic systems are technologically advanced
3. If you wanted to ensure that your business maintains a competitive edge, what should be one of your main concerns when purchasing technology? A. The new technology communicates with existing systems
B. Standard operating procedures are supported so that innovative employees can focus on new markets C. The new technology is consistent with the technology owned by your customer base D. The new technology enables you to be innovative and move into new markets 4. After you understand your competition and its affects on your industry, what should you do next? A. Identify the limitations of technology
B. Define the knowledge base of your workforce
C. Align your strategies, processes, and technology with your understanding of your industry D. Determine your long-term goals and how these differ from your current thinking
5. What is business intelligence or BI?
A. Interrelated and stored data about a person, object, or event B. Collective information about a business' customers, competitors, partners, environment, and operations C. An enterprise-wide set of common and interrelated data
D. Data that has a particular meaning with a specific context
6. What is the difference between information and business intelligence (BI)? A. Information is about a specific situation; business intelligence is about internal and external conditions and how they will affect strategy B. Information is based upon facts or objective data; business intelligence is based on perceptions C. Information leads to strategic thinking; business intelligence leads to tactical thinking D. Information is based on processed knowledge; business intelligence is based on processed information 7. Wikipedia.org is a contemporary web site providing definitions and descriptions of many concepts. Wikipedia is not peer-reviewed (a group of peers or experts do not verify the quality of information). Because of this, Wikipedia may not demonstrate which of the following quality attributes? A. Relevance
8. Which of the following statements best describes a technology-literate knowledge worker? A. A computer savvy worker
B. A content expert who is comfortable with a computer
C. A worker who knows how and when to apply technology
D. A worker who is knowledgeable about emerging technology
9. What is the primary focus of supply chain management (SCM)? A. Overall cost leadership
B. Bottom-line initiative
D. Overall cost leadership and bottom-line initiative
10. Which of the following results from a well-designed supply chain management system? A. Enhanced fulfillment of supplies needed for production
B. Minimizing transportation costs
C. The smooth production of products
D. Well-designed SCM systems can enhance any of these stated activities 11. Which type of software dominates the supply chain management (SCM) environment? A. Transaction processing
C. Front office systems
D. Enterprise resource planning
12. What is the difference between SCM and CRM?
A. CRM records information about products and services; SCM records information about customers B. CRM stores and processes transactional information; CRM stores and process business intelligence C. SCM...
Chapter 1 Cornell notes
1. What was not an important goal of the early English explorers and colonists? It was
not an important goal to build a new nation.
2. Discuss the factors that transformed the colonist and caused them to envision and
creating an independent nation: common bonds, language, farmers, untouched by
tyranny of royal authority, official religion and social hierarchy, individual freedom, and
willingness to subjugate to others.
3. What factors divided the colonists? Factors that divided the colonists and included
economic interests, ethnic rivalries and religious practices
4. What was the most important cause of the American Revolution? An increase in
British debt lead to new taxes and trade restrictions which led to conflict.
5. How old is planet Earth? 4 billion years old.
6. What is Pangaea? Pangaea is that the earth continents that formed together as one
7. What club pangea to break apart? The continents began to separate due to
8. What evidence has partially proving the existence of Pangaea? The same species or
extremely similar species of fish were found in lakes in different continents which
proves that at one point in time these lakes and streams were connected.
9. One with the Appalachians formed? Appellations performed 350 million years ago.
10. One where the Rockies is formed? The Rockies were formed between 135 and 25 ...
...Quiz Week 11 One of the most critical steps in the defining process of market research is
defining the problem, the decision alternatives, and research objectives
Wabash Bank would like to understand if there is a relationship between the advertising or promotion it
does and the number of new customers the bank gets each quarter. What type of research is this an
How does the market demand curve change (as a function of marketing expenditure) during recession?
4 What data analysis type is being used here? When Sam thought about opening a foreign car repair shop
in Phoenix, he researched all of the firms in the area before deciding on a location. He also analyzed their
capabilities and found articles about many of them in terms of their capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
Which of the following elements of socio cultural environment can be associated with the growing demand
for social surrogates like social networking sites, television, and so on?
Views of others
Which strategy does this exemplify? Kayak and Orbitz provide their customers with a variety of travel
options including flight reservations, vacation packages, flight and hotel options with or without car rentals,
and cruise offerings.
A company's sales potential would be equal to market potential when which situations exists? ...
...Online Mock Test and Exam Management System
Online Examination System is a software solution, which allows a particular company or institute to arrange, conduct and manage examinations via an online environment. This can be done through the Internet, Intranet and/or Local Area Network environments.
Some of the problems faced by manual examination systems are delays in result processing, filing poses a problem, filtering of records is not easy, The chance of loss of records is high and also record searching is difficult. Maintenance of the system is also very difficult and takes lot of time and effort.
I intend to use the systems development life cycle (SDLC) which is a conceptual model used in project management that describes the stages involved in an information system development project.
Microsoft Visual basic 2010 will be used to achieve the project because of its flexibility and English-Like Syntax. Microsoft SQL Server will be used as the database management system.
Online Examination System is a software application which allows a particular company or institute to arrange, conduct and manage any examination via online.
In this module a candidate can be given online exam of a particular subject and get the results instantly through which the user can know his/her potentials and how much more effort he/she needs to put in to get better...
...because it shows the journey how Tris becomes brave, selfish and Divergent. Plus the zip lining and the fear things she had to go through. Furthermore, it has great life lessons that everyone should know. For example, “becoming fearless isn’t the point. That’s impossible. It’s learning how to control your fear and how to be free from it, that’s the main point. Lastly, Divergent is a very unique book because it tells how the future Chicago is going to be like books and I really enjoyed the actions, emotions, and adventures. Overall this book is phenomenal.
One interesting part of the novel that I can relate to
One interesting part in Divergent that I can relate to is the dog scene. On page 14, at the Aptitude Test. During the Aptitude test, when the dog arrived out of nowhere, Tris was frightened. She was afraid that the dog would have done something to her. First she thought of running but, she knew that the dog will be faster than her. She was trying to make a decision until the dog begin to come closer to her and started to growl. Tris had no choice so she chose to run as fastest she could. I can relate to that horrified situation because I remember I was at the same position as Tris. In grade 5, afterschool I chose to runaround my whole neighborhood once for practice because I had a 600 meters tournament in Track and Field. When it started to rain I was on my way back home until I saw this huge German shepherd. The dog began...
...Aptitude Test (Example Only)
Non Verbal Reasoning Ability Concerned with how well you can think and solve problems. A series of puzzles are given, each of which has a piece missing. You must decide which piece of several given alternatives will complete each puzzle. Examples 1. Which piece completes the pattern?
2. Which piece completes the pattern
3. Which piece completes the pattern?
Aptitude Test (Example Only) - continued
4. Which piece completes the pattern?
Verbal Reasoning Ability Assesses your ability to read, understand and solve written problems involving the use of language. Examples 5. HEAT is to WARM as COLD is to A. tickle D. chill B. shrink E. wrinkle C. wet
6. Four of the following are alike in some way. Which are the other two words. A. orange D. banana B. pear E. pen C. feather F. apple
7. Find the word which means most nearly the same as THINK A. reveal D. argue B. ponder E. explore C. demonstrate
8. Find the TWO statements which together prove that DOGS CAN RUN FASTER THAN MICE A. Dogs are faster than cats B. Some dogs have short legs C. Cats chase mice D. Mice cannot outrun cats E. Some mice are fast runners
Aptitude Test (Example Only) - continued
Grammatical Knowledge Measures the ability to detect grammatical or punctuation mistakes in a series of written sentences. Each sentence is divided into 5 sections, labelled A, B, C, D and E. Some sentences have a mistake in...
National Achievement Test Result of Grade VI Pupils of SY 2012-2013 and SY 2013-2014: An Analysis (RESEARCH STUDY)
“Bear in mind that the wonderful things you learn in your school are the work of many generations produced by enthusiastic effort and infinite labor in every country in the world. All this is put into your hand as your inheritance in order that you may receive it, honor it, add to it, and one day faithfully hand it to your children. Thus, do we mortals achieve immortality in the permanent things which we can create in common?” – Albert Einstein
It means that education is a vital tool to unfold a better future. However, according to Einstein, what we have today is the fruit of passionate work from the past generations. It is a fact that during the primitive times up to this date, education always makes an outrageous position in the most valued and achieving purpose of the economy. According to Carole Cooper, every mission of the learning society is to have “Quality graduates which by time come they all become a competitive and productive member of the society”. He also added that, “Assessment helps us see the difference between teaching and learning”. One of the basic judgments of how teaching and learning process differentiate is through National Achievement Test or NAT given to every Grade III, Grade VI, and Second year, both public and private schools. This...
For 10 years, I was the one testing the students, teaching strategies and finding new ones to help students study. Suddenly, I found myself returning to school and the anxiety, stress, lack of time, and just all the unknowns seemed to overwhelm my life. The last couple of years I have learned to incorporate strategies that work best for me, but there is always room for improvement and strengthening. Learning, study and test taking skills are some of the most important things to have when furthering your education. Upon reading Strategies for Test Success by Linda Anne Silvestri, I was able to scrutinize some of my weaknesses, reevaluate my learning style, and look at some new test taking strategies while assessing my current strategies.
Helpful Test Taking Strategies
Tests usually have significant validity on your grade. The better you are prepared for different types of tests, the better grade you will receive. (Meyers, 2000) Some helpful test strategies that I gathered from this assignment include: techniques for reducing test anxiety, avoid reading into the question, avoid changing answers, learning how to study in a manner that works best, and improving retention of information.
Test anxiety is an unpleasant experience and can interfere with test performance. This is one area that I...